What is waxing?
Waxing is the process of hair removal, where wax is used to effectively remove the hair from the root. Body waxing is an effective method of removing large amounts of hair at once. It is a long-lasting method, as hair in waxed areas will not grow back for three to six weeks. When hair is shaved or removed by depilatory cream, the hair is removed at the surface rather than the hair root. Within a few days, the hair can reappear back at the surface. With these methods, hair tends to grow back in a rough stubble. Areas that are repeatedly waxed over long periods of time often exhibit regrowth that is softer.
At Pure Aesthetics Skin & Body we only use premium strip and hot wax and cater for sensitive skins.
Benefits of waxing
- Your skin will appear smooth and even.
- Your skin will get gentle exfoliation.
- You will have less annoying itching and prickliness.
- You will avoid the risk of nicks and cuts.
- You will have less chance of ingrown hairs.
- Your skin will be stubble free.
- Your hair will grow back progressively finer and sparser.
- You will have less regrowth in between appointments.
- Waxing lasts longer than shaving.