What is Skin Needling?
Perth Skin needling is also referred to as Microneedling or Collagen Induction Therapy. Skin needling aims to increase the collagen production in the skin. It is a minimally-invasive, non-surgical procedure that involves the use of a microneedling device to create a controlled skin injury. At Pure Aesthetic Skin & Body we use the most advanced medical grade skin needling device available, the Dermapen. Dermapen sets a new standard and benchmark that delivers the ultimate in advanced and innovative microneedling with unsurpassed confidence and outstanding results.
Benefits of Skin Needling
Skin needling is a versatile treatment that can be adapted to all skin types and treat a wide variety of skin concerns.
Some of the key benefits of Skin Needling include:
- It is used to minimise the appearance of scars from acne, surgery, burns, chickenpox, or trauma.
- Skin needling is used for facial rejuvenation and to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin tone, texture, and pigmentation.
- There is a reduced risk of hyperpigmentation and scarring with skin needling compared to more invasive procedures such as Laser which makes it a safer option for darker Fitzpatrick skin types.
- It is suitable for thin and sensitive skin.
- Downtime is minimal and clients can resume their regular activities within a couple of days, depending on the depth of penetration of the needles.
Common skin conditions treated with Dermapen Skin Needling include:
- Pigmentation (including Melasma)
- Ageing and sun damage
- Acne and problematic skin
- Stretch Marks